Facilities Officer / Caretaker
Posted on 19th March 2021 at 23:37
Do you enjoy a varied day? Would you like to be part of a friendly team? Do you enjoy working with your hands, keeping busy and have previous facilities management, caretaking or handyman experience?
This organisation will support you in developing your career, investing heavily in your training & development and will work hard to ensure that you and your colleagues reach their full potential.
As the eighth member of the Facilities Management Team, every day you will help to ensure the smooth running of the sites and facilities by undertaking a range of grounds maintenance tasks, setting up rooms & equipment, locking and locking buildings and generally ensuring the premises, buildings and furnishings are safe, secure, clean and tidy and maintained to defined legal requirements and Health & Safety regulations.
This role is a practical and physical role where experience of carrying out simple repairs, maintenance, building, and decorating in a previous handyman, caretaker or facilities role would be very welcome.
This is a customer facing role so in addition to your understanding of health & safety, manual handling and basic IT skills, this is an environment where you can enjoy communicating and interacting with a diverse range of people on a daily basis using your best customer service skills.
Primarily you will be supporting the main Watford site however you will get to support all 4 sites across Watford, Hemel Hempstead and Luton. Due to the need to travel between sights a full clean driving License would be ideal.
To be successful in this role you will need :
• The flexibility to work 37 hours per week on a rota basis from 6am to 10pm Mon to Friday and 4pm on a Saturday.
• Practical knowledge and experience of supporting buildings and or facilities management or similar type role
• The ability to carry out routine grounds and building repairs and maintenance
• An understanding of Health & Safety in the workplace
• If you already hold First Aid at work and are a SIA Badge holder that would be really helpful but training will be provided if not.
• A full clean Driving Licence as there is travel involved between sites
In return you will receive
• a salary of £20,600
• A 37 hour, 5 day working week, Monday to Saturday on a shift Rota basis from 6am to 10pm Mon to Fri and 4pm Saturdays with overtime available at an enhanced rate.
• A generous holiday entitlement of 25 days plus bank holidays
• Excellent pension scheme
• Investment in training and development – internal on the job and opportunity to gain professional qualifications to accelerate your career.
• A suite of health and wellbeing benefits such as an Employee Assistance Programme, Eye Care vouchers, Cycle to Work scheme and discounts with Everyone Active gyms.
This role is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Disclosure, medical clearance and satisfactory references.
Pivotal Recruit Ltd is acting as an employment agency for this role.
Share this post: